MGMIHS International Student Cell
International Student Cell of MGMIHS provides opportunities of exposure and experience in Indian universities and hospitals to students moving in from foreign varsities for Global Health experience. The friendly atmosphere in our campus makes it easy for International Students to settle fast into a homogenous and cosmopolitan culture. Many students from Europe and Asia have benefitted during their training in biomedical sciences and medicine, both in regular programs as well as on short-term observership. The Cell is headed by Director, Staff and Students’ Welfare affairs at MGM Institute of Health Sciences, Navi Mumbai.
- To support desirous students of over-seas universities through on-line process of application for short term training and observerships in our hospitals and laboratories.
- To offer optimal support to these students for visa processing, pay tuition fees and complete police verification process (Registration with Foreign Registration Office: FRO).
- To provide support through mentorship, language support, accommodations, food, local transport and community participation in health care through our well structured out-reach services.
- To promote our indigenous students interest for visiting outside universities for short-term training programs in health science institutions and hospitals.
- The Student Welfare Cell co-ordinates activities pertaining to International Students for their to and fro movement and co-ordinates with respective constituent institutes both at Navi Mumbai and Aurangabad campuses.
- There is tie-up with a private agency ‘World Unite’ (https://www.world-unite.de/en/internshipsvolunteering/india-mumbai/electives-final-year-rotation-nursing-hospitals.html) to facilitate completion of visa formalities, police NOC and Registration as foreign students while in India.
- The MGMIHS students’ Alumni members abroad have been instrumental in extending information their over-sea peers.
- The Cell provides support to the students to apply online for varieties of programs and patients care facilities under MGMIHS. There is provision to provide accommodation to needy students in own Guest House at MGM CBD Belapur campus Navi Mumbai and at international students hostel at Aurangabad campus.
- Ongoing mentor support, along with the Students Cell helps the international students to blend with the rest of the students and makes their stay on the campus comfortable and enjoyable.
- The MGM Institutes of Health Sciences International Students Cell disseminated required information through website, pamphlets, railway concession forms, maps of Navi Mumbai, canteen food coupons, bank account forms, etc.
- MGM Institutes of Health Sciences has a Language facility which is designed to develop language skills of International students in National language Hindi and Local language Marathi.
- The Cell encourages students Council on the campus to integrate with oversea students, with true spirit of globalization.
- A student exchange program in Physiotherapy exists between MGM School of Physiotherapy, Navi Mumbai and School of Allied Health Sciences of University of Sydney, Australia for BPT and MPT students of both Universities.
- A MoU also exists with Kyungpook National University Medical Centre, Korea, Shastri Foundation, Canada and MGMIHS. These linkages contribute to faculty and student development in research and competency skills
Link Format for Registration Click here